Our website address is: https://acwine.co.nz. AC Wine is owned and operated by AA Corban Associates Ltd (which is a New Zealand company registered under number 114016).
how we collect personal information;
- the kind of personal information we collect;
- how we use, and may share, your personal information;
- responsibility for personal information collect through linked third party websites;
- how you can access/amend your personal information;
- how long we hold personal information; and
- who you can contact for further information
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you by the following means:
- when you enquire about, or request, any of our products or services;
- when you purchase a product or service from us;
- when you participate in any competition or prize draw we may run;
- when you update your information on the Site;
- when you contact us;
- when we otherwise provide information, products or services to you; and
- where permitted by law.
The kind of personal information we collect
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How we use, and may share, your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact you about any of the products or services we offer;
- to provide you with any product or service that you may register for or purchased from us;
- to administer competitions you enter, to contact you if you win a prize and to send the prize to you;
- where you have subscribed or registered to receive any product or service from us, for any specific purpose identified in the relevant terms & conditions;
- to reply to your queries;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected;
- for our administrative purposes; and
- to improve the products and services we supply.
We may disclose your personal information (including your identity):
to our agents, service providers (including our hosting providers and payment processors) and any other relevant third parties to the extent necessary to provide you with our products and/or services or for administrative purposes (which may include, without limit, confirming your compliance with any applicable terms & conditions relating to our products or services and addressing any non-compliance with those terms & conditions);
- if we are requested to do so in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations;
- to any of our affiliates and related entities;
- to any person you authorise us to disclose information about you to; and
- where we are otherwise permitted to do so by applicable law.
When you access our Site, we may use “cookies”. A cookie is a small data file that the Site sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system for later retrieval by the Site. The purpose of a cookie is to collect session information to provide you with access to tailored information and services on the Site, and to serve you better when you return to it.
You may, using the browser settings on your device, set your device to accept all cookies; to notify you when a cookie is issued or deleted, or to not receive cookies at any time.
Information supplied by cookies and session information can help us to analyse the profile of the Sites’ visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Responsibility for personal information collected through linked third party websites
The Site, any news updates or other communications we have with you may contain links to third party websites. Unless expressly stated otherwise, these websites have not been developed by us and are not controlled by us. They are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with the privacy practices of the third party websites linked to. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website you visit.
How you can access/amend your personal information
To access the personal information being held by us, or to request a copy, or to request a correction to that information, please contact the privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you request access to, or a copy of, your personal information, if the information is readily retrievable, then subject to any lawful grounds for withholding, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. If you request a correction and we agree that your personal information needs correcting, we will do so. If we do not correct your information, your correction request will be kept with your personal information that we hold.
How long we hold personal information
We will keep your personal information for only as long as necessary for use in connection with the purpose for which it was collected.
How you can contact us for further information
Last updated on 24 January 2019.